You’re planning your wedding, and you’ve started to think about where you want it to take place?
Picking the right wedding venue can feel overwhelming.
There are so many things to consider- from the size and style of the location to the price. Weddings are a huge investment, both emotionally and financially, so you’ll want to make sure that you pick the right venue for your big day!
We’ve created this list of 50 questions that you should ask your wedding venue before booking to make sure it’s a perfect fit for you.
We’ve also added a section related to the COVID-19 outbreak to make everything even easier for you!
- Is my preferred date still available?
- If not, what are the other options?
- What is the venue’s capacity?
- When can I reserve my preferred date?
- Will other events take place on the same day?
- When can we access the venue for setup?
- When do we have to leave? (open-end or not?)
- Are there noise restrictions?
- What will your staff’s main tasks be?
- Do you have recommendations for vendors?
- Do we have to use your approved vendors?
- Are there limitations or regulations when hiring other vendors?
- How many bathrooms are available?
- Are there any restrictions on decoration?
- Can we bring our own food and drinks?
- Do you have a liquor license?
- What is your policy on smoking?
- Is the venue handicap accessible?
- Do you have parking available?
- If not, what are our other options for transportation?
- Is sound equipment available?
- What are your rates?
- Is there a different rate for overtime?
- Are your rates different depending on the day of the week?
- When is the deposit due?
- Is the deposit refundable?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What is the payment schedule?
- What is included in the total price? (such as gratuity or cleaning fees)
- Will guests be charged for parking, or is parking included in the rental fee?
Food and Drinks
- Do you offer in-house catering?
- Is there a list of preferred caterers?
- Do I have to use your preferred caterers?
- How do you serve food? Seated dinner, buffet, or family-style?
- Are drinks provided?
- Do you provide an open bar or a cash bar?
- Can we choose a signature drink?
- Can we bring our own alcohol?
- Will staff be provided?
- Where can the cake be cut?
- Is the venue’s food based on cuisine or dietary preference?
- Where can cocktail hour take place?
- What is the cost per person for food and drinks?
- What is your policy on postponement?
- Are there any fees associated with postponing?
- What is your refund policy if we cancel due to coronavirus?
- Do you have any recommended health and safety protocols in place for weddings?
- Do you require that guests wear masks?
- Do you have any capacity limits in place due to coronavirus?
- Are there any other restrictions in place due to coronavirus?
We hope this list of 50 questions will help make the process easier for you. If you’re looking for more guidance, be sure to check out our printable wedding planner. It includes everything you need from checklists to timelines!
What do you think?